Pages

Friday, May 27, 2011

January Trip Report: Capital One Bowl

Drumline before the Game
 So we woke up bright early so we could get to Orlando, park, and get to the stadium and not have to stress about time. So, we parked and took the shuttle to the stadium where we found the drumline (behind a fence no less). Sparty was conducting and dancing.




Capital One Bowl

We pushed and shoved our way into this tailgate-party-tent thing and watched the team walk through. Then we went in and found our seats and waited for the game to begin.


SMB took the Field
I didn't take any photos during the game, just believe me when I say it was bad. I won't go into details because I don't want to alienate my Bama readers (lol). We went into half-time having no score when they had like 30 or so. I will admit, I didn't think we were out of it yet. My Spartans are good at comebacks, in fact we have the record for biggest comeback in NCAA history against Northwestern in 2006.


At half-time, these weird dancing mascots came out for the Capital One Half-Time Show. After that both Alabama and MSU bands had their time on the field.

Capital One Half-Time Show
Then the team was back out and it was apparent that we were not going to win this game. Around half-way through the third quarter, Spartan fans were leaving left and right but DRF wouldn't go because we traveled all this way to see this game (I think we all know why I traveled all this way, but nonetheless...). 

After countless injuries we finally scored in the fourth quarter, but it was still a devastating loss at 49-7  What can I say, when Spartans win, we win by a little and when we lose, we lose by a lot.
SMB Half-Time Show
In the end, I can't be too upset, we still had the best season in Spartan football history with 11 wins. This was only our second loss of the season (the first was against Iowa and was very similar).

But, leaving the stadium I realized that there was only one thing that would make me happy, DISNEY WORLD! 




No comments:

Post a Comment