Pages

Monday, May 23, 2011

January Trip Report: New Years Eve!

DRF & I on the beach!
The second full day of our vacation was New Years Eve, our beach day! Since this is a full non-Disney day I will try to make it quick. We woke up (I forgot to mention that DRF was sleeping on the balcony. Yes, it was only like 40 degrees at night but he had a winter sleeping bag and an air mattress and he was in heaven. My family thought he was insane) and my Aunt & Uncle took us to Friendly's for breakfast. 


Ron Jon Surf Shop
I had never been to a Friendly's before but I swear their kid's menu must have a warning that says "May cause cavities"! Apparently my family went there the morning before and Andrew (7) had chocolate pancakes with chocolate ice cream and a
chocolate milkshake! FOR BREAKFAST! WHAT?! This time his parents made him get something healthier but they did allow him some sort of blue cotton candy beverage...I don't know. I mean, my food was good, but I couldn't believe the kid's menu. The theme of this restaurant must be parents fighting with their children.


DRF in the Ocean
After breakfast, Chris & I decided to take a trip to Cocoa beach because Chris had never been to the Ron Jon Surf Shop. I ended up buying a cute zip-up hoodie. When we were leaving we saw a fruit stand and decided to stop. We left with 2 bags of oranges, a bag of grapefruit, and a jug of fresh-squeezed orange juice. Gotta love Florida citrus!



When we got back to the condo, we had a quick lunch and decided to take a walk on the beach. After testing the water, DRF decided to splash around. Me? I screamed and ran out as quick as I could!

After we came inside, Andrew really wanted to play with us so we decided to go swimming. We swam for a little and played Marco Polo until Andrew accused us of cheating then we headed in for dinner.  After dinner I went out to photograph the sunset. 

That night, we were invited to a New Years Eve party in the penthouse. I won't go into details, but I will say that my aunt, uncle, Andrew, Chris, & I were the youngest ones there (it was kind of awkward)...we pretty much just hung out with the kid until he fell asleep then we spent our time on the balcony until my aunt & uncle took him downstairs to bed. 
Sunset from the balcony

A couple of minutes before the clock struck midnight we struggled to wake up Andrew (apparently last year he slept through it and gave my aunt a hard time for almost a year) but he was out cold. So the rest of us went out onto the balcony and banged pots and pans to ring in 2011! After all that excitement, we went straight to bed (or in Chris' case, Balcony). We had to get up early the next morning for the Capital One Bowl!

No comments:

Post a Comment