Pages

Monday, May 16, 2011

January Trip Report

My goal for this summer is to truly get this blog up and running and to get a domain name (I know Amanda does not enjoy saying "htcadr.blogspot.com" in the Generation Mouse introductions). To start that I am going to do a series of posts as a trip report from my January Trip (better late than never, right?)!

Before I start, I need to explain the reason for this trip (besides the fact that I LOVE Disney). The Spartans were going to the Capital One Bowl in Orlando! So, at the beginning of December we bought our tickets and planned to stay with my aunt & uncle near Cocoa Beach. 

The Orlando Orange led the
way for the Citrus Parade
TIP: Spend time out of the parks doing things the DR wants to do!
I know to big Disney fans like us, we don't want to leave property, but Disney Resisters need some time away. For us, it was seeing our Spartans in a bowl game!

Because it was such short notice, we drove down from Michigan, leaving at about 5 am (have I mentioned that DRF works in the coffee business? This is his time of day) and we made it all the way to Gainesville before passing out in a cheap motel.

We woke up early on December 30 to make the final hour drive to Orlando for the Citrus Parade! We got there a little early and picked out spot, waiting for the parade to start.

After the police on motorcycles (with Alabama and MSU flags, of course), the parade started with the Orlando Orange. The float that had me up a wall was the Tangled float (notice, all the floats have oranges and the Disney float has them arranged as Hidden Mickeys).


When I was still completely giddy, Sparty and the Spartan Marching Band came by and had my screaming at the top of my lungs!
Sparty!
Spartan Drumline
In my next post in this series, I will pick up with what we did after the parade! Please stay tuned! In the mean time, check out my recipe reviews at illuminatingepcot.com! And don't forget Generation Mouse comes out every Tuesday and this week we have a very special guest! Be sure to subscribe on iTunes so you'll never miss an episode!

2 comments:

  1. Lol, I don't mind! I just try to say it slowly, so people can hear it clearly and don't get the letters confused. PS Generation Mouse comes out on Tuesdays. =P

    ReplyDelete
  2. That it does...fixing that now! lol

    ReplyDelete